Friday, January 9, 2009

Colonial Games


Today we tried some games that colonial children might have played. We started by making a buzz saw. At least that's what I've seen it called. So, parents, did you spend hundreds of dollars on a Wii gaming system for your children? Too bad you didn't know that a piece of string, a button, and some wood would have been enough!Or, how about a plate? Yes, just a plate. The class had a great time playing with these. One student commented that they were addictive. I need to think ahead. I forgot I had a video function on my camera. I did take some stills. We also played spin the plate. One student spun the plate and called the name of another student. That student then had to catch the plate before it fell. There was a lot of laughing going on during this game. Jacobs ladders, pick up sticks, jacks, and ring toss were also available to play. Yes, colonial kids had fun too!

No comments: