Friday, January 30, 2009

Life Science



We have started our unit on Life Science. Knowing that I'm not much of a gardener, and knowing that Wisconsin in January is not the best time of the year to grow seeds, I invested in some gardening help. I bought a grow light and a heating mat. Well, after only four days our seeds are sprouting! I thing they must believe they are in California! Their little roots are warm, and their tops are warm too. I'm very excited. My hope is that we will actually be able to get these plants to adulthood. The plants are the big thing in the class. Everyone seems to have cause to wander over to that side of the room during the day to check out the progress. We are looking forward to see what they look like on Monday. I wish I had taken pictures today. Several of the peat pots have sprouts in them.

No comments: